Saturday, July 27, 2013

TKO: Decision, Grandma.


That little black dot near the top left of the screen above is my grandson's head. After a session of crying in my arms, he finally "laid his little heady down" on my chest and fell asleep. I waited till I was sure he was solidly asleep before attempting to carry him to his bed. Jen's video monitor lets me look right at him even though he's in the other room behind a closed door. Being the out-of-town Grandma means I don't have as much practice with bedtime but I'm pleased with the way it went tonight.

When Adam was tiny like this, I had a little audio monitor that allowed me to step outside and still be able to hear what was going on in his room. I remember sitting in the backyard of the little Cape Cod on Fairfax, looking up at the stars and holding that monitor up to my ear. I loved the sound of his breathing, in and out, my little boy peacefully asleep. It was a precious moment for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment