Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 2 - our 21st anniversary

A dewy misty morning. No Whip-poor-will last night - he must be on to other opportunities elsewhere. Took two red tomatoes off my "Fourth of July" tomato bush. The yard has been recently mowed (thanks, Gene) so Ken won't have to do that when he gets here. It looks nice.

I notice that the boys must have had a bonfire while they were here - that pile of wood in our firepit is gone. That must have been an evening of colorful language for the neighbors to hear.

The high for today is predicted to be around 63 - not sunbathing weather, by any means, but I'm having fun re-setting the cottage after not having been here for over two weeks. Looks like our guests did a good job in keeping things up, and I had a cleaning lady in after the boys' golf weekend, so now it's just putting things back the way I like to see them.

Mocean Worker on the iPod is getting my butt moving. And speaking of getting my butt moving... Ken, Jonna, and Jason should be arriving anytime after noon today.

No comments:

Post a Comment