Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Keeping in touch with a new family vacation blog

Good opening photo - from Pa's 2008 visit to the cottage.

I love my handwritten vacation notebooks. They are so personal and quirky - different pens, different covers, different sizes and colors. But they are in one place (on a shelf in our corner bedroom) and can only be shared with visitors who are physically at our house. I fully intend to continue my practice of documenting our vacations in hand-written (and illustrated) form, but this blog makes sense on so many levels as a way to keep family updated on our whereabouts and activities while on vacation or at the lake.

Right now I am sitting in the sunroom of our Black Lake cottage, with three candle lanterns burning and gentle music in the background. Feeling very mellow. I'm here as the one-person advance team for the July 4 weekend, 2009. Expecting Jonna and Jason tomorrow (and Ken), and Adam, Mike, and Jen on Friday. Emily on Monday, and we're hoping Joe will be up sometime during the week if his job interviews don't preclude it.

Tomorrow I will put food away and make the beds, but tonight, I'm creating the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment