Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Black Lake is blue


Everything is so blue. Sky blue, above and below the horizon. Blue blue blue.

I'm a little blue, too, after waving good-bye to the last of our kids.

But as I move about the cottage today, putting things away and watching my husband do the same in the yard, it all comes back to me. I am one of the luckiest people in the world and I'm going to savor every moment here in this beautiful place.

Instead of completing our work in the house and yard, we take the pontoon out on the lake, with no particular destination or agenda. Once Ken turns off the motor, the boat responds to the wind, waves, and current; turning gently and drifting back toward shore. We read, stare at the lake, and even fall asleep. Sometimes at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. So I've gone through the Labor Day posts twice now... I am basically convinced that I will never miss another family weekend. Especially with Benny looking so darn adorable and playful! Great posts... But they made me a little blue too :/

    ReplyDelete