Friday, November 16, 2012

D.C. Raw

My last visit to D.C. was devoted to election returns and national monuments. This visit was all about high fashion and neighborhood haunts.

Tomi's new shoes...what can I say? How about WOW! I COULD NEVER WALK IN THOSE! Sure, I tried them on, but all things considered I'd rather be strung up by my thumbs.

Although I've only had my eyebrows plucked once in my life, I do understand it is a part of the beauty regime for many. Tomi was a bit too trusting and let me come into the aesthetician's room while she had hers waxed and plucked. Even with her eyes closed she heard the camera shutter click.

"I hate you right now..." she said from the table, giggling. (No she doesn't.)

Walking down the street after we left the beauty shop, I noticed a little shop that might be a place to get something for Ben. It was stacked to the ceiling with all manner of merchandise I suspect may have been....imported. Let's leave it at that.

Along with every kind of hat and scarf imaginable, the shop had an immense case full of body oils mixed to match the scents of famous-name perfumes. Tomi found three or four that met her smelling-good needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment