Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What a day!


What a great kick-off to my vacation out east! Having voted absentee, I was able to spend election day in Washington D.C. with Tomi and her friends. We watched the returns on MSNBC at Yodit's house, and once the media called the election for Obama, we hit the streets, whooping and laughing along with hundreds of others. We walked past a guy with an Obama cut out and crowded in around it for a photo opportunity.

In the bar where we watched Obama's speech, we met a nice couple from Australia, Nicolette and Dan, who had come down from New York City on the last day of their U.S. vacation just to be in D.C. for election day.


I also broke my no-shots rule in honor of the President's victory. There's a story behind the ordering of the shots I'd rather not commit to print.


No comments:

Post a Comment