Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Flatter than piss on a plate.


8:33 AM. Current conditions: 53 degrees and sunny in Onaway--our thermometers say we haven't quite reached 50 here on the lake. It's really pretty. The birds are chirping away, happy to see morning come after what I hope will be the last near-frosty night for the summer. The forecast is for 67 degrees by the time happy hour rolls around, with no chance of rain and only light winds from the NE. I'm betting our southern exposure and protection from the NE winds will result in warmer temps here at the cottage. (How am I doing, Kenny?)

Because the tree line behind us prevents light NE winds from reaching the lake, the water is "flatter than piss on a plate," an indelicate description I learned from my father, who learned it from his father. It is unclear to me how this comparison first arose; perhaps you can enlighten me, father?

No comments:

Post a Comment