Friday, December 14, 2012

Last full day before departure

Over the years, we've learned to treat the last day of vacation no differently than the rest. That way we avoid any needless anticipation of packing, getting to the airport, etc. Things will get packed, we will make our flight, all soon enough. Might as well pull out the stops and really savor our last day.


Although I look about six months pregnant here (it's the wind blowing down my bosom unobstructed by boobs), I like the photo. I bought the hat at the little market down the street.

I had my second massage today. Those are my feet on the right. The masseuse, Valeria, is very good and I admire the strength these people have in their hands. It did wonders for my shoulders.


Seems like every time I leave a warm locale I spend a lot of time taking photos of my feet in the water. Today was no different.


Ken snapped some action shots of me in the setting sun and a stranger offered to let us both compromise our dignity for the camera. I love this photo.




At the end of the day, this beautiful sunset; one of the prettiest of the week. As it grew dark, we caught our first glimpse of the moon in the tiniest waxing crescent - just a bright rim on the bottom of a plump silver sphere.

We all walked down to the market and had a double scoop of gelato, then back to the room to watch TV (Ron and Ken) or pack (Karen and Jane).

Great vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment